The International Optimist Dinghy is a single handed flat bottomed, hard-chine, pram-bow dinghy with a una sprit sail. It is one of the best dinghies for kids to learn to sail and to learn to race tactically.
With over 150 000 competitors in 110 countries worldwide there exists far more opportunities for quality coaching and large fleet competition than in any other sailing dinghy.
Whether it is sailing just for the fun of it or for the potential Olympic aspirant the”Opti” is the only choice.
- 2.31m (7′6.1/2″) long, 1.13m (3′8″) wide. Weight 35kg.
- Easily transported on top of any car,
- Safe and simple enough for an 8-year old
- Exciting and technical enough for a 15-year old
- Optimists are designed for kids. They can handle them without danger, fear or back-strain.
- The only junior class in Australia offering international competition and travel.
- The Optimist is not only the biggest dinghy class in the world, it is the fastest growing.
- The only dinghy recognised by the ISAF* exclusively for under 16s*the world organising body for sailing.
- Almost 2/3rds of Olympic medalists at the last two Olympics were Optimist sailors.
- Builders on five continents, promoting competition and cost savings.
For more information on sailing Optimists at south of Perth Yacht Club, contact the Club on 9364 5844, email the Optimist Section direct at email@example.com or visit the Western Australian International Optimist Dinghy Association (WAIODA) www.waioda.org.au
See the South of Perth Yacht Club Optimists on You Tube