Bart’s Bash 2017
• A global sailing race taking place at 100s of venues, with 1000s of sailors in 100s of different classes of boat around the world
• Open to all sailing clubs, yacht clubs, scout groups, sea cadets, windsurfing clubs, individuals and any venue globally that can host a race and is inspired to take part
• Bart’s Bash gives the sailing community a united opportunity to remember Andrew ‘Bart’ Simpson, a double Olympic medallist who tragically lost his life whilst training for the America’s Cup in 2013.
• The annual fundraising and participation campaign promoted by the Andrew Simpson Foundation (ASF)
• Each individual event is organised by a venue which is the organising authority for all activities at their site
• The event was founded in 2014 and verified by Guinness World Records as ‘The Largest Sailing Race in the World’.
• Sailing venues around the world engaged with the campaign by agreeing to organise a sailing event during the Bart’s Bash period (16th- 17th September 2017).
South of Perth Yacht Club – Sunday 17th September 2017
• The race will be conducted using the standard IGA Frostbite race format with 1st warning at 1355.
• This race does not form part of the Frostbite Series.
• No separate nomination required. If you wish to receive a Barts Bash worldwide result, please register using the link at the bottom of this page.
• Rules detailed in the current SoPYC Red Book will apply.
• At the conclusion of the race, elapsed times together with each course length in meters will be sent to Bart’s Bash HQ where the calculations are done to produce worldwide results.
• Presentations will be scheduled for 1730 where the days Frostbite results will be announced. Worldwide results will be available within 24 hrs on the Bart’s Bash website.
The Andrew Simpson Foundation (ASF) needs your help to give as many children and young people the opportunity to get on the water and enjoy all of the benefits and opportunities that sailing offers.
You can donate at any time between now the race day simply by clicking on the link below and then click the Donate button.
Sign up sailors
To register for the world’s largest sailing event, simply click on the link below and complete registation.